Isabel Marant Daevel Boot

Tuesday, 27 February 2018

Daevel boot by Isabel Marant 

For me, black boots have always been the hardest thing to buy. I have always wanted the perfect pair that are simple but elegant, but I never really seem to manage to find the right style. It was just by chance that the other day I decided to pop into the Isabel Marant boutique in Bruton Street for some afternoon inspiration. I had spent all day at uni and felt I needed a bit of an uplift, plus it felt like forever since I had last visited the store, and was ready for a Marant refuel. 

Part of me regrets such visit, yet part of me really does not. Those who have been following me for a while now will know of my love for patent leather and suede shoes. So, when I came across these - a pair of simple black suede boots with a simple patent black heel -  I knew I needed them.

 I rarely if ever make impulsive purchases, and try to refrain from them as much as possible, and always try to plan them in advance. So, I was heartbreakingly sensible and left without them - and put them on hold. As they were from the autumn winter 2017 collection, the hold time was limited to only a couple of days (they were getting sent back to Paris and were the last pair) so I decided to make an exception to my ways and purchase them a couple of days later. 

The last time I had made such an impulsive decision was in 2015 when I purchased the flat Chanel slingbacks Although this time, not as impulsive (the slingback purchase was a matter of minutes rather than days) I feel confident with my purchase and imagine the boots to last me (hopefully) for a few years. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ARCHIVE

 

laurenwoodward © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger